Buffalo is known for its chicken wings that are much too messy to eat with a book in your hand. As an alternative, try the Buffalo Chicken Dip. Easy to make—you can do it ahead of time– and serve. Do provide plenty of napkins.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce, preferably Frank’s RedHot
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (8 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- Tortilla chips and celery sticks, for serving
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese with the hot sauce and sour cream until combined. Stir in the chicken, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and the 1/4 cup of scallions. Scrape the mixture into an oven-proof serving dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
Bake the dip for about 20 minutes, until bubbling. Turn on the broiler and broil 6 inches from the heat until lightly browned on top. Let stand for 5 minutes, then garnish with scallions and serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
The unbaked dip can be refrigerated overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before baking.